Attorney Jones graduated from The American University – Washington College of Law in 2002. He then graduated from Temple University’s prestigious LL.M. in Trial Advocacy program, where he continued sharpening his trial skills. Mr. Jones received his Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from Temple University as well.
Mr. Jones began his legal career with a small firm handling personal injury and criminal matters. He left that firm and worked as a contract attorney for several large firms in the District of Columbia. In 2010, Mr. Jones opened his own practice and has been devoted to fighting for his client’s since.
Mr. Jones has represented individuals and corporations in litigation matters his entire career. His experience has led to disputes being resolved in unique cost effective ways. The combination of experience working with large firms and time as a solo gives him an insight into the practice of law at all levels. Mr. Jones provide all clients with high quality representation. The firm does not fear trial, we embrace it.
Mr. Jones was raised in Bromley, New Jersey and graduated from Nottingham High School. Before commencing his legal career Mr. Jones spent years working in loss prevention management.
Temple University – Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA
- LL.M. in Trial Advocacy, May 2004
- Persuasive Speaking
- Effective Deposition
- Technology in the Courtroom
- Organized jury trials
American University – The Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- Juris Doctor, May 2002
- Civil Clinic – Student Attorney
- National Moot Court Team, Member
- Trial Team, Member
- 2002 ATLA Regional Competition, Participant
- Moot Court Upper Level Competition, Judge
- Law and Government Society, Member
- Best in Clinic – Recipient – Highest grade in civil practice clinic
- Marshall-Brennan Teaching Fellowship – Recipient
- 1st place – 2001 William Karchmer Moot Court High School Competition – Coach
Temple University – Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelors of Art – Criminal Justice, December 1997
- Minor Psychology
- United States Supreme Court
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
American Association of Justice (AAJ) Formely Known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) (2010-current)
- 2014 AAJ Leadership Academy (member)
- Membership Oversight Committee
- Co-Chair- Sub-Committee- Table of Eight
- Public Affairs Committee – appointed 2 terms
- Minority Caucus
- Employment Rights Section – Secretary 2016-2017
District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association (DC-TLA)
- Trial Lawyers Association – District of Columbia (TLA-DC)
Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association (MWELA)
- Legislative Committee (2015-current)
- The Veterans Consortium: Representing US Veterans with appeals; drafting appeal and arguing the same before the Veterans Court of Appeals.
- Children’s Law Center: Advocacy for children with special needs in education.
- DC Superior Court Family Law Center – Assisting individuals with family law related questions.
- Managing Implicit Bias – National Center for State Courts, 2016.
- Networking Through Professional Organizations – Washington College of Law, 2016.
- Diversity in the Legal Profession – American Association of Justice, Annual Convention, 2017.
- Surviving Summary Judgment – American Association of Justice, Annual Convention 2017.
Mr. Jones has studied martial arts for over 25 years. He holds black belts in Aikido and Hapkido. He has studied extensively in Judo, Tae Kwon Do and boxing. During the 90’s Mr. Jones participated in amateur sparring throughout the east coast.